[GLLUG] network attached storage

minshal1@msu.edu minshal1@msu.edu
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:55:36 EST

Hi Scott,

I did something similar.  I built a Linux fileserver with IDE RAID 5
(software) and I use SAMBA and NFS to access it.  I believe my final
total was about $1,000 for ~120GB.  That includes everything from the
case to the HD cables, and was with last summer tech.  If you're
interested in more details, I can provide more.

-Ben