[GLLUG] network attached storage

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
01 Mar 2002 14:32:27 -0500

On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 14:03, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Semi-on-topic comment: the project that I'm working on out here
> in sunny California uses a pair of Network Appliances.  Their
> hostnames are "washer" and "dryer" :-)

ROFL!!!

>ping washer.stanford.edu
no answer from washer.stanford.edu
>ping dryer.stanford.edu
no answer from dryer.stanford.edu

Hmm... They resolve, but aren't reachable...

/me wonders about other appliances...

[toaster, refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker all don't resolve]

> ping range.stanford.edu
range.stanford.edu is alive

AHA!  Nobody is doing laundry, but they *are* cookin' dinner.  I'm on my
way over Ben!  What are we having? ;)  Hehe

> --
> "I knew it was a bad sign when I drove through Hell (MI) on Wednesday
> and there was snow on the ground and all the standing water had a
> layer of ice on the surface...  Yes folks, Hell has frozen over
> and my cable modem *still* wasn't working..." --Ed Glowacki

ROFL!!! Nice .sig if I do say so myself! ;)

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org