[GLLUG] network attached storage

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
01 Mar 2002 11:40:57 -0800

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> >ping washer.stanford.edu
> no answer from washer.stanford.edu
> >ping dryer.stanford.edu
> no answer from dryer.stanford.edu
> >

> Hmm... They resolve, but aren't reachable...

They ping from here in the CS building.  Probably they drop
off-campus packets.

> AHA!  Nobody is doing laundry, but they *are* cookin' dinner.  I'm on my
> way over Ben!  What are we having? ;)  Hehe

It's almost time for lunch here, actually.  I'm only planning to
have sandwiches I think.  Maybe some salad too.  You could come
to the weekly CS department "T.G.I.F." at 5:00 pm if you
want--loads of free beer and snacks.  :-)
--
"...dans ce pays-ci il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral
 pour encourager les autres."