[GLLUG] Telnet SMTP commands

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:06:09 -0500

Does anyone know how to authenticate on an smtp server after telneting into
it on port 25? I just turned on authentication for my smtp server, but the
webmail system I've been using (squirrelmail) doesn't support smtp
authentication out of the box, so I thought I might try and hack the code a
little.

On a side note, does anyone know of a better webmail package that does
support smtp authentication?

-Mike
|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit"

                                                                 -Aristotle