[GLLUG] CRTL-ALT-BACKPACE Shutdown my system.

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:00:35 -0500

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:52:50PM +0000, Jo Dillon wrote:

  On Monday 18 March 2002 13:12, Blaine Dinsmore wrote:
  > I have experienced something rather strange. I used CRTL-ALT-BACKSPACE and
  > what normally logs me out of X literally turned off my computer. Any ideas
  > to why that happened?  I'm using RedHat 7.1 running Ximian Gnome.

    Silly question, but are you sure you didn't Ctrl-Alt-Delete by mistake?

Does c-a-d work in X at all or is it configurable?  I'm not
sure if its my window manager (icewm) or X config but thankfully
ctrl-alt-del doesnt make my computer reboot in X.

  --

  	Jo