[GLLUG] CRTL-ALT-BACKPACE Shutdown my system.

Jo Dillon jo@trolltech.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:13:37 +0000

On Monday 18 March 2002 15:00, Adam McDougall wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:52:50PM +0000, Jo Dillon wrote:
>
>   On Monday 18 March 2002 13:12, Blaine Dinsmore wrote:
>   > I have experienced something rather strange. I used CRTL-ALT-BACKSPACE
>   > and what normally logs me out of X literally turned off my computer.
>   > Any ideas to why that happened?  I'm using RedHat 7.1 running Ximian
>   > Gnome.
>
>     Silly question, but are you sure you didn't Ctrl-Alt-Delete by mistake?
>
> Does c-a-d work in X at all or is it configurable?  I'm not
> sure if its my window manager (icewm) or X config but thankfully
> ctrl-alt-del doesnt make my computer reboot in X.

   Well, it /can/ be configured to reboot. In KDE it seems to be configured
to do the same as Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. But I was wondering if he
Ctrl-Alt-Backspaced X, dropped to the console for a second or so while X got
restarted by XDM and his finger slipped and hit Ctrl-Alt-Del. Or something
like that. Unlikely I know.

--

	Jo