[GLLUG] KDE from command line

Rocky Lichen rockylichen@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:12:35 -0800 (PST)

On my system, CTRL+ALT+F1 and CTRL+ALT+F7 are how I
get between the console that starts my first X session
and the X session itself, respectively.

When I want a second X session, I hit CTRL+ALT+F2 to
get a second console.  From there I can start my
second X session with the xinit command. If I leave
the second X session, I can get back to it with
CTRL+ALT+F8.

Another thing you might try is starting your second
session as another user.  It can sometimes prevent
resource conflicts.

[...]