[GLLUG] KDE from command line

steven collins steven.collins@voyager.net
20 Mar 2002 16:44:08 -0500

On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 16:12, Rocky Lichen wrote:
 > Another thing you might try is starting your second
> session as another user.

yeup. x wouldn't even start another session when I logged into the same
user account.
As it turns out your suggestion worked. Starting the session in F2 then
toggling to F8 seems to work beautifully.

The reason behind it all was because I'm trying to make a noble jump
over to BSD and it looks as though the Ximian folks don't plan on
porting Ximain over to BSD systems any time soon... so I've been wanting
to tinker with KDE while still keeping my ability to run my gnome-ximian
setup while I work.

-steven