[GLLUG] Syntax checking

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:12:12 -0500

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 05:09:05PM -0500, Mike Szumlinski wrote:

   Does anyone know an easy way to check/convert output from a MySQL
   database?  More specifically, I realized today that I can't pull
   any varchar/text fields that have parentheses in them because is
   messes up the printf() I normally end up doing with those
   entries. Any ideas? So far all you guys have been my saving grace
   in learning this stuff (btw, thanks for the Select/order by info,
   it did exactly what I wanted it to)

printf in C or perl or something else?  Can you provide a code snippet
(grabbing and printing) as I am not quite sure the source of your
problem.

Dennis