[GLLUG] VPN - FreeSwan

Michael Malinak mm@crushedice.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:29:46 -0500

Has anyone here setup, and actually got working, Freeswan as a VPN?  I'm a
fairly savvy guy and this is something that has just completely stumped me
the 3 times I've tried.  It seems like I have the most generic "wants" for
this, but the boilerplate setups they have just make no sense to me.
Here's what I want to do.

<Local Net>--<Linux Gateway>--[Internet]--<Linux Gateway>--< Local Net>
and
<Local Net>--<Linux Gateway>--[Internet]--<Windows Laptop>

So one or more static routes and then possibly a few road warriors.
I actually resorted to setting up IPV6 as a workaround to having to do this
at one point, but got sick of trying to port/update a few apps I wanted to
use.  Plus we wanna be able to play games <G>.

Thanks.
Michael