[GLLUG] pppd dies

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:25:28 -0500

I have a Redhat 6.2 box set up at my brothers place to
provide internet sharing through a dial up account. The box
has a USR external 56k modem if it matters. What we're
seeing is that pppd either becomes unresponsive after a
period of time requiring a restart or else just outright
dies (sometimes dies even in the middle of a session). Does
anyone have any ideas on how I can figure out why this is
happening? I'm using pppd's demand dial feature instead of
diald (which I couldn't get to work at all - terrible docs).
There isn't anything in the logs to indicate a problem. I'm
baffled.

Thanks.

--
Mike Rambo