[GLLUG] dual video with radeon 7000

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Thu, 09 May 2002 08:45:55 -0400

Edward Glowacki wrote:

> Which version of XFree86 are you using?  3.x is unsupported now, so you
> should probably be running 4.x, but I'm not sure what Mandrake includes
> by default.  Anyways, if you're running 4.x and you can get booted
> sans-gui to a command line, you can run "XFree86 -configure" and it
> should detect everything you need and store the configuration in
> "XF86Config.new" in the current directory.  Then it tells you to run
> "XFree86 -xf86config XF86Config.new" to test it out, and if it works,
> you just copy the config file to it's permanent home, probably
> "/etc/X11/XF86Config".  You may also need to edit the file to tell X
> which monitor is on which side, add any custom options, etc.  Quite
> painless, and it is known to work with dual head configurations (i.e.
> mine! =)  If only my video driver would get that stupid bug fixed so I
> can use the second display!!! =P)
>
> --
> Edward Glowacki                         glowack2@msu.edu
> GLLUG Peon                              http://www.gllug.org

I have tried the suggestions and still can't get this to
work. I have put the config files and a X log file up on a
little web page I have started that (at least tries to) help
folks in the district set up their email clients - tough
stuff that. The URL is http://scnc.lsd.k12.mi.us/~mrambo if
y'all don't mind giving it a look. I'm trying to get the
beginnings of a "clue" on how this config file works but I
still don't see what is keeping X from working.

Many thanks...

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us