FW: [GLLUG] reply to

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Wed, 15 May 2002 15:54:41 -0400

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 15:15, Brian Hoort wrote:
> How does Evolution know what email addresses are to lists?

[snip]

I'm just guessing here, but I assume it checks the message headers for
the (RFC-defined?) ^List-.* lines, and uses the "List-Post:" line to
decide which e-mail address is the one to send to.

For added weirdness, KMail has a "Reply to List" feature which gets the
right address from the List-Post: line and automatically adds the From:
line of the original sender to the To: line of the outgoing message.
There's probably a preference somewhere to turn that off....

--
   "Necessity is the mother of invention" is a silly proverb. "Necessity
   is the mother of futile dodges" is much nearer the truth.