[GLLUG] FreeBSD Question

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
21 May 2002 16:25:20 -0400

On Tue, 2002-05-21 at 15:53, Michael Harrington wrote:
> I'm trying to mount a FreeBsd drive with Linux.  I should be able to do this accrding to the HOW-TOs I've been reading.
>
> here is a sample of my command:
>
> mount -t ufs /dev/hda1 /mnt (i've also tried to specify the ufstype as 44bsd)
>
> I keep getting an error message like " wrong fs type, bad option, abd superblock ...or too many mounted filesystems".  I should add that I'm using a linuxcare BBC.  I know the drive boots to BSD...what am I doing wrong...I just spent the last eight hours of my life-which 'll never get back- tryin gto figure the blasted thing out...
>
> Thanks
>
> mike

Hrm... "-o ufstype=44bsd" should work... I've used it before to mount
FreeBSD disks under Linux... Do you have ufs support available in your
kernel, either compiled in or as a module?  Are you sure the device is
correct? (just throwing out ideas...) Any other information you can
provide would be helpful.

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org