[GLLUG] FreeBSD Question

Michael Harrington HarringM@michigan.gov
Tue, 21 May 2002 15:53:15 -0400

I'm trying to mount a FreeBsd drive with Linux.  I should be able to do this accrding to the HOW-TOs I've been reading.

here is a sample of my command:

mount -t ufs /dev/hda1 /mnt (i've also tried to specify the ufstype as 44bsd)

I keep getting an error message like " wrong fs type, bad option, abd superblock ...or too many mounted filesystems".  I should add that I'm using a linuxcare BBC.  I know the drive boots to BSD...what am I doing wrong...I just spent the last eight hours of my life-which 'll never get back- tryin gto figure the blasted thing out...

Thanks

mike