[GLLUG] Linux on an iMac

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:14:00 -0500

On Monday 11 November 2002 09:21, after a long battle with technology,
Jo Dillon wrote:
[snippage]
>   What kind of X problems, out of curiosity? I have Rage 128
> programming specs ;)

Ooh!  /me wants a look, since X 4.2.0 and 4.2.1 have a slight problem
with the Rage 128 on my laptop--they refuse to run at any resolution
other than the laptop LCD's native 1600x1200.  They say this should be
fixed in X 4.3, but that's months away.  X 4.1.0 didn't have this
problem.  I've tried the "IgnoreEDID" parameter, no dice.  The thing is
capable of running at modes other than 1600x1200 with the VESA
framebuffer module.  I'd like to run at 800x600 sometimes since that'd
make it easier/quicker to watch movies and play Xmame or snes9x.

--
   One OS to rule them all, with DRM to find them
   One OS to bring them all and with the EULA bind them