[GLLUG] Openssh sftp privs

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:34:18 -0500

OpenSSH doesn't support this capability, AFAIK.  I use rssh
(http://pizzashack.org/rssh/) with OpenSSH for SCP transfers to my web
server (I use `scpsh` actually), but rssh can restrict users to SCP,
SFTP, or both.  Hope that helps!

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean [mailto:picasso@madflower.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 11:19 AM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] Openssh sftp privs

Has anyone gotten openssh's sftp to work without a login shell?
I want to allows users to sftp into my box but I don't want to give them

shell access using /bin/false as a shell didn't work and mapping the
shell
to /bin/sftp_server is kludgy at best.

I saw a shell-no-login for the commercial version. I just wondered if
there was any sort of equivelent im missing in the docs for openssh.

Sean