[GLLUG] Linux Beginner Book Quest

Nu Hertz nuhertz@yahoo.com
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:31:02 -0800 (PST)

Hello, I'm very new to Linux, and I'd like to find a resource (book)
that will get everything from the GUI to the command line and teach
me how to use it.  I'm very familiar with DOS, and I would like to
learn all the capabilities that LINUX offers beyond the extensively
limited abilities of DOS.  I'm very computer literate, as in I assemble
computers in my spare time and am an avid user of Windows, but not the
wizards, I like all the shortcuts and such.  I would like to take some
time to delve into the realm of open-source software, and open-source
scripting languages like PHP, so this was my next step.  I took some time
to do a search on Amazon.com to look for a good book to use, but the
descriptions are not nearly sufficient, so I thought I'd turn to some
people with some experience in the field for help.  Thanks in advance
for direction you can give me.

Jeff Kingsbury
Nuhertz@yahoo.com

P.S. - I realize on the linux usergroup I've set myself up for some massive
flamage for mentioning windows, and I apologize.

=====
"Geek used to be a four-letter word; now it's a six-figure one."

Nuhertz@Yahoo.com