[GLLUG] Multiple Internet Connections

Jeff Lawton jeff@idealso.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 07:38:49 -0400

The Split access section of this article should help.
http://lartc.org/howto/

Jeff Lawton
Ideal Solution, LLC
www.idealso.com

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu [mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On
Behalf Of Mike Szumlinski
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 8:32 PM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] Multiple Internet Connections

Does anyone know if it is possible to couple two internet connections
into one?  I currently have an ATTBI cable modem AND Ameritech DSL
coming into the house (don't ask why) and I was wondering if it would
be possible to somehow "link" the two connections to get better
latency/uploads/whatever.  It seems that the DSL is far faster on the
upstream but the cable is faster downstream.  Anyone have any ideas?  I
have a couple of routers right now on each connection (Airport base
station on one, Xsense on the other) and my machine is connected to
both routers at the same time (one via wireless, one hard wired).  Is
this sort of thing even plausible? Any ideas appreciated.

-Mike

P.S. If for some reason you get this message twice, I accidentally sent
it from an account not registered to the list.