[GLLUG] cdrecord slows machine

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:29:22 -0400

People I know have cpu usage issues with 2.4.19 using ide-scsi and
have corrected the issue by downgrading to 2.4.16, you might try that.
Also, you could try reseating the cables, a loose connection or bad
cable could cause it to use PIO mode (saw it happen yesterday).

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:14:19AM -0400, Brad Fears wrote:

  2.4.2 <thru> 2.4.18-14.  I had the same trouble with custom compiled
  versions in between.