[GLLUG] Re: Looking for ISP

Chick Tower c.tower@express56.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:01:26 -0600

I think Express 56 (http://www.express56.com) is $9.95/month.  They allow
many kinds of OSes to connect to their service.  I'm a Linux newbie, and I
didn't have much trouble getting KPPP to connect, without using their tech
support, so I don't know how knowledgeable their tech support is.  The
service has been reliable, except when they changed networks without warning
and didn't tell people (or at least me) the new phone numbers in advance.

I think Juno is $9.95/month, too, but I don't know if it accomodates Linux.

I saw a billboard in Lansing for a $10/month ISP, but I'm not sure of the
name; perhaps Access or Acceed.  That may have been with annual pricing,
though.

                                        Chick

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:26:25 -0700 (PDT)