[GLLUG] OT: Linux Jobs in the Lansing Area

Matthew Hill matthew@liquidweb.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:41:21 -0500

Hello,

Forgive the off topic post, I thought it related enough to warrant
posting to the list.

I am the owner of Liquid Web Inc ( http://www.liquidweb.com )
and I've written a couple of times seeking employees
from the Lansing area with Linux experience.
I've made a number of hirings in the past and due to some major
moves we've made recently I'll be requiring quite a few more
qualified individuals.

We have previously co-located our hardware in a partnered NOC
in Scranton, PA where we house in the range of 130 servers
transferring 30-40 mbps of bandwidth.  Within the past month
we have acquired a local facility off of Creyts Rd. which
we are currently rennovating into a datacenter.

The space is over 5,000 square feet and will contain an OC3c
connection with Verio which is already ordered and awaiting
loop install.  Beyond that our facility will initially include
a 20 ton AC unit, and a 250kw diesel backup generator.

A range of positions are available and hirings will commence
from immediately to mid January. Positions range from shared
hosting support to network operators/engineers.  We plan
on hiring a minimum of 15 people within the next 4 months.

I encourage anyone who has interest including those who have applied in
the past to contact me at "matthew@liquidweb.com" or fax resume's to
517-393-5131 at your earliest possible convenience.  A basic job
description follows:

> Liquid Web Inc. Job Posting for Network Operator / Systems Support
>
> Liquid Web is a rapidly expanding webhosting company in the Lansing area. We plan to expand our business by building a 24x7x365 Data Center/Network Operations Center in early 2003.
>
> We are looking for Technical Support Technicians to provide first-level technical support to customers regarding system configuration issues, abuse, service outages, billing questions, and network issues.
>
> This position is responsible for working with a team of professionals providing all levels of network and server support for Redhat Linux, LAN, and WAN. This includes monitoring, installing, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and providing necessary corrective action.
>
> Requirements:
>
>     *
>
>       Good working knowledge of Redhat Linux
>     *
>
>       Basic Network Troubleshooting Skills
>     *
>
>       Customer service and good communication skills
>     *
>
>       Ability to work in a close group environment
>     *
>
>       Ability to perform with little or no direct supervision
>

> Benefits:
>
>     *
>
>       Flexible scheduling
>     *
>
>       No travel
>     *
>
>       Fun, Friendly, Relaxed working environment
>     *
>
>       Medical coverage after 90 days
>     *
>
>       Exposure to state-of-the-art technology
>

> Enthusiastic, team-oriented individuals who enjoy a fast-paced environment and have the above qualifications are invited to submit their resumes.

If you would prefer you may call into the office speak to me personally.
I will be more than happy to speak with anyone interested in a position
to fill them in a bit more the company and positions available.

I thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Matthew Hill
CEO, Liquid Web Inc.