[GLLUG] X on FreeBSD

steven collins scollins@thegeekery.com
12 Sep 2002 22:22:43 -0400

ok, so redhat seems to have spoiled me a bit. I recently repartitioned
my winderz box so I can start playing with freebsd. Install went fine,
so far so good. ran xf86cfg as root and all seemed to be nominal. Now I
try to run startx and I get:

Fatal server error:
Cannot open log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log"

If I try startx as root KDE starts up but in 640x480 even though I have
1200x1024 in the xfree86 config.

Is there some 'trick' to getting X working on freeBSD or what? Am I just
missing something maybe? Any help you guys could throw at me would be
appreciated.

-steven
  grumpybat.net		|  GAIM: SuperEliteDorx0r
  thegeekery.com	|  ICQ:  55173409
  networkofone.com	|  YIM:  grumpybat
"The internet is an imperfect place..."