[GLLUG] FreeBSD console res

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 17:28:26 -0400

You probably need to kldload vesa or have it in your kernel,
then use vidcontrol mode 132x60 or VESA_800x600, something like
that.  I believe certain modes require a nondefault font to
be loaded with vidcontrol -f  first.  As always, see the
manpage.  You may not be able to acheive as high of a resolution
as you want, but you should be able to improve on 80x25.