[GLLUG] FreeBSD console res

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@pilot.msu.edu
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:00:35 -0400

I got the VESA kernel extension loaded, and was able to load an 8x16
font, but when I try "vidcontrol -mode xxx" I get one of the following
errors:

[user@machine:~]: vidcontrol -mode VESA_800x600
"vidcontrol: cannot activate raster display: Inappropriate ioctl for
device"
and

[user@machine:~]: vidcontrol -mode 132x50
"vidcontrol: argument to -m must either on or off"
"vidcontrol: cannot set videomode: Operation not supported by device"

any ideas?

-Mike