[GLLUG] Lost LILO, Can't Boot

Brian Hoort hoortbri@msu.edu
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:54:30 -0400

I should have been more detailed.

Booting from the Debian installer CD gets a kernel panic, even though I
installed Debian on this system by booting from this very CD. That's why
I'm using the other boot disk.

So I could:
mount /dev/hda6 /mnt
lilo -C /mnt/etc/lilo.conf

Right?

I'll try these options tonight when I have access to my PC.

Thanks for the guidance--I need a little hand-holding. I'm worried messing
with these tools I might lose data, or access to it.

Thanks!