[GLLUG] Re: NEXTstation needs an os

Tom Rockwell rockwell@pa.msu.edu
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:10:45 -0400

The Physics depratment bought several of these when they came out (circa
'91).  At the time they were reasonably priced for a workstation
(especially since NeXT gave academic discounts).  Consider what PCs were
like at the time (DOS, ick!)  I think the last of the NeXT stations from
Physics went to MSU salvage with the department's move to the new BPS
building.

I had one at home for a while, but even a few years ago, a PC with Linux
was far superior.  I've come to the conclusion that they are perhaps the
sexiest computer ever built - black, slim, and in the end not really all
that useful :-O

-Tom