[GLLUG] Linux and ATTBI Question

Melson, Paul PMelson@sequoianet.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:41:13 -0400

Yes.  Using vanilla DHCP client settings will work just fine with their
network.  You only need to install their software if you want to be able
to tap their tech support staff for questions regarding e-mail and web
space on their server.  (That is to say, they won't help you get
fetchmail and mutt working with your attbi.com e-mail address.)  Their
tech support folks will still help you troubleshoot the network settings
on your Win32 box, regardless of whether or not their software is
installed.

Good luck!

PaulM

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Hoort [mailto:hoortbri@msu.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 10:32 AM
To: GLLUG Post
Subject: [GLLUG] Linux and ATTBI Question

This question is a masked Linux question, because I am considering
getting
ATTBI at home for my Linux box, and this same problem would apply
(cannot
run their Windows setup software):

I am trying to setup ATTBI on a friends ancient Win95 computer. Their
install CD is 150 MBs, runs slower than molasses, and keeps finding
reasons
why it won't run. First there wasn't enough space, now it says it needs
W95
service pack. I don't have hours to sit here and muck with it,
downloading
service releases etc. on his slow modem.

Can't I just input the right network settings and a correct computer
name
and get this thing running? What info do I need to know? My experience
with
these companies is that if I won't run their installer, they won't work
with me.

Apologies, and Thank You,

--
Brian Hoort