[GLLUG] PHP and Mysql Frontends in Linux

Brad Fears brad@mtsdev.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

Thomas Alan Hearn said:
<snip>
> Does anyone know of a MySQL graphical frontend program for managing
> users,  tables, etc in Linux (Mandrake).  My other question is if anyone
> has a good  PHP editing program asides from regular text editing such as
> gedit, even a  program that just has php syntax highlighting, similiar
> to Activestate's  Komodo if any of you are familiar?
<snip>

Here are two good links:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net (php frontend to MySQL)
This one is very hand for learning SQL, as it displays the exact SQL
syntax that is being used as you click around.

http://quanta.sourceforge.net (Integrated Development Environment)
This IDE provides syntax highlighting for php and many other web-related
technologies.  I'm fairly certain that they have rpms for Mandrake as
well.  I've been using this one for a couple years now, and they've come a
long way in development of the project.

http://gtk.php.net/apps/?the_cat=800 (More IDEs)
There are a couple more IDEs on this page, written in php-gtk.  These can
be difficult to install if you don't have all the necessary libraries, but
you might still be interested in checking them out.

--Brad Fears