[GLLUG] Linux Hell

Thomas Alan Hearn hearntho@msu.edu
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:16:10 -0400

Awesome GLLUG users,
 I have totally given up on mandrake on my computer.  It will not work at
all, either with USB drivers for the mouse and printer, and the thing is
still running grosly slow, I can't even get in to run dmesg.  So with
that... I've switching over to Redhat 8.0......but, now my X server crashes
everytime so I can't get any graphical linux going.  Anyone have any ideas
on this, it may be something easy, because I can still get into Linux-nonfb,
but I don't know where to start.  My graphics card is an integrated Intel
82845G chipset.  Sorry to keep bothering everyone but you've been helpful as
can be, hopefully one day i can return some knowledge.
Thanks again!
Tom