[GLLUG] Joining my network

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:36:16 -0400 (EDT)

There is a control panel called something like network or something under
like system utilities and that has a decent gui where you can set it all.
IIRC there are 4 sections to it and you need to fill it out completely.
then there is a button to start up and shutdown the device and it should
show up correctly in ifconfig.

If you really want to edit the files by hand it is:
 /etc/resolv.conf
/etc/sysconfig/network
/etc/syconfig/network-script/ifcfg-eth0
/etc/syconfig/static-routes.

I think that is all of them, im going off the top of my head and looking
at an 8.x box..