[GLLUG] Laser printers

Timothy Schmidt tim@schmidt.is-a-geek.com
27 Apr 2003 22:46:09 -0400

I have an HP Laserjet 1200 (which I recently saw @ OfficeMax for $200
($400 - $200 instant rebate)).  I researched lasers heavily before
buying mine and I've been incredibly happy with it.  The best printer
I've ever owned (althought the HP Laserjet IIISi comes close).  it does
15ppm @ 1200DPI and understands PCL and Postscript.  It has a parallel
and USB connector -- both work excellently with Linux (all recent
distributions auto-detect it and include appropriate driver).

--tim