[GLLUG] Laser printers

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
27 Apr 2003 19:52:56 -0700

Timothy Schmidt <tim@schmidt.is-a-geek.com> writes:

> I have an HP Laserjet 1200 (which I recently saw @ OfficeMax for $200
> ($400 - $200 instant rebate)).  I researched lasers heavily before
> buying mine and I've been incredibly happy with it.  The best printer
> I've ever owned (althought the HP Laserjet IIISi comes close).  it does
> 15ppm @ 1200DPI and understands PCL and Postscript.  It has a parallel
> and USB connector -- both work excellently with Linux (all recent
> distributions auto-detect it and include appropriate driver).

I also have an HP LaserJet, model 6MP.  So far this one has held
up for 5 1/2 years without so much as a hiccup.  I've replaced
the toner cartridge once over the years.  It was expensive when I
bought it (about $1000), but it has proved a good investment.
--
"To prepare for the writing of Software,
 the writer must first become one with it,