[GLLUG] Sharing /home

Chick Tower c.tower@express56.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:31:38 -0500

I've been using Mandrake, but I decided to try another distro (Vector
Linux) based upon reviews I read recently.  It occurred to me that if
I moved my /home to a separate partition, I could easily access my
data from both distros.  I have two questions about this.

1)  Would I do this by editing /etc/fstab and specifying a new mount
point for /home?

2)  Might ths be a bad idea, since much of the desktop information
for window managers is kept in users' home directories?  The distros
might have different versions of the window managers or application
software.

                    Chick