[GLLUG] Linux certification

Michael Watters wattersm at wattersm.net
Sun Aug 10 11:29:26 EDT 2003

Jeff Lawton wrote:
> I was wondering who out there actually is "Linux certified" and which
> certification you chose and why.
>
> Also, I have been looking at several of the different certifications. We
> could use the requirements of the certification as a subject/focus for
> the GLLUG meetings.

I've got the Linux+ but I wasn't really impressed with it.  Anybody with
a little bit of experience can pass it.  It's mostly geared toward lower
level system admins, with some basic shell and hardware knowledge.

The RHCE looks interesting, as that is an actual hands on test and
Redhat is one of the most recognized distros out there.