[GLLUG] The old Switcharoo

Melson, Paul PMelson at sequoianet.com
Tue Aug 19 08:13:17 EDT 2003

It may not be configured for bootp.  I would imagine that whoever deployed and managed it would probably set a static address for remote management/SNMP/RMON.  I think your best bet is going to be the console.  Unless the factory default is to use bootp and you can perform a factory reset from a button or a jumper on or inside the chassis, you may be chasing your tail.

A great reference for making your own console cables is available here:  http://www.bnc.ch/support/techlibrary/serial_cables

PaulM