[GLLUG] Mysql Database Server Problems

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Sat Aug 23 22:38:10 EDT 2003

Take a look at the following link:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Access_denied.html

Does mysqld start?
Is your data directory owned by mysql user?

Sincerely,

Szymon Machajewski MCSD, CNA
Grand Rapids Community College

"For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial,
but in every nation the man that fears him
and works righteousness is acceptable to him."

Acts 10:35,36

>>> "Ex Fed" <exfed at hotmail.com> 8/23/2003 6:30:21 PM >>>
I had a MYSQL server up and functional.  I must've messed with the host
or
user authorizations, now I can't do anything from root at localhost  I get

access denied, even when I started with --skip-grant-tables.

I have removed mysql and reinstalled, but I still end up with these
same
problems.  I removed the /var/lib/mysql directory beforehand, and it
still
does not work after reinstall.    I just want a fresh install of the
server,
where the permissions/authorizations are set to defaults.

Has anybody ever seen this problem and knows how to fix it?  I would
just
like to reinstall, but I must have to delete something else before I
reinstall.

Lee