[GLLUG] Mysql Database Server Problems

Ex Fed exfed at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 23 23:30:21 EDT 2003

I had a MYSQL server up and functional.  I must've messed with the host or
user authorizations, now I can't do anything from root at localhost  I get
access denied, even when I started with --skip-grant-tables.

I have removed mysql and reinstalled, but I still end up with these same
problems.  I removed the /var/lib/mysql directory beforehand, and it still
does not work after reinstall.    I just want a fresh install of the server,
where the permissions/authorizations are set to defaults.

Has anybody ever seen this problem and knows how to fix it?  I would just
like to reinstall, but I must have to delete something else before I
reinstall.

Lee