[GLLUG] random question

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Dec 12 14:17:28 EST 2003

On Friday 12 December 2003 15:00, after a long battle with technology,
C. Ulrich wrote:

(15:00?  It's 14:20 right here.  Timezone trouble?)

> Does anyone know how to scale a legal-sized PDF document down to
> letter size? Google was no help. I'm using CUPS, if it matters.

No problem.  Take the PDF, convert it to PostScript using pdf2ps.  Then
do "psresize -Plegal -pletter originalpdf.ps lettersized.ps" , then
take the output lettersized.ps and print it.  Make sure you look at the
output from psresize using gs or kghostview before you print it, so you
can make sure that it looks OK.  HTH,

--
   ...they believe if something can't be proven to exist, it shouldn't
   exist.  They have an elegant proof that smoking piles of rubble exist