[GLLUG] random question

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Sun Dec 14 16:30:36 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 14:17, Matt Graham wrote:
> On Friday 12 December 2003 15:00, after a long battle with technology,
> C. Ulrich wrote:
>
> (15:00?  It's 14:20 right here.  Timezone trouble?)

I just checked and the timezone looks fine, but the hour got bumped
ahead for some reason. Might have happened when I recently booted a
Slackware partition that I haven't used in months.

> No problem.  Take the PDF, convert it to PostScript using pdf2ps.  Then
> do "psresize -Plegal -pletter originalpdf.ps lettersized.ps" , then
> take the output lettersized.ps and print it.  Make sure you look at the
> output from psresize using gs or kghostview before you print it, so you
> can make sure that it looks OK.  HTH,

pdf2ps failed with an "Unrecoverable error". I suspect the PDF was
created with Acrobat or some other software with extensions that my
version of EPS Ghostscript doesn't recognize. No big deal, it wasn't a
real important document anyway. Thanks to you and Ben for the help. More
random questions coming shortly. :)

Charles Ulrich
--
http://bityard.net