[GLLUG] Home BIND setup?

Marr marr at flex.com
Sun Dec 21 11:40:27 EST 2003

On Saturday 20 December 2003 03:02pm, Mike Szumlinski wrote:
> Its been a good 2 years or so, but I remember someone in the group
> wrote a quick tutorial on how to setup a small network DNS server for
> their house.  I'm looking at doing the same thing, but the Linux.org
> HOWTO is a bit cryptic and I tend to work better backwards (ie from a
> finished config) file to understand how it all works out.
>
> Does anyone remember who wrote this or where I can find it?

I could be mistaken, but I think you might be referring to Jeff Goeke-Smith's
presentation (from 18 Jul 2000) called 'A Practical Guide to DNS and BIND'.

I don't see a reference to an online source for this handout. However, the
last email I have for Jeff is from a Sep2000-era GLLUG message that shows
jeff at goeke.net in case you want to email him.

HTH....

Bill Marr