[GLLUG] msu.edu filter option

Marcel Kunath kunathma at msu.edu
Tue Dec 23 21:14:13 EST 2003

Hello,

ever since pilot changed from pilot (I miss elm!) to mail.msu.edu my spam
count went from 3 per week to 30 per day even though I never used the new
account to mail anybody anymore. I used pilot to mail hundreds of people for
3 years before the change happened.

Anyhow so they put this new spam filter option in place recently and I
figured I go and play with it.

Anybody know how to make the thing work with regular expressions?

I am trying to filter using the expression:

/[a-zA-Z]+\.[a-zA-Z]+.*[a-zA-Z]+\.[a-zA-Z]+/

Mainly subject lines as follows:

Subject: blah.blah gives you a big blah.blah

Unfortunately its being picky with the regular expressions. Why couldn't
they give us a text interface to fill in regular expressions instead of
these stupid add/edit/delete buttons?

What makes me wonder is how anybody at MSU could get any work done over the
past 6 months because my spam to no-spam ratio was 100:1.

Thanks,

Marcel