[GLLUG] ipchains

David Lee Lambert lamber45@egr.msu.edu
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:54:17 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, djf2 wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, David Lee Lambert wrote:
>
> > When I try doing this,  I get a 'file not found' error.  I do have a /proc
> > filesystem,  and the option '/proc filesystem' is enabled in the kernel
>
>      You should also be able to find this info out through sysctl :

I finally got this working.  In another HOWTO,  I found a mention of what
to enable in order to get /proc/sys working,  so I went back and
recompiled the kernel with that enabled.  (One tricky part of the process
is that I've been compiling the kernel on a different system than what I
use it on.)  However,  I still couldn't connect.

It turned out that I had 'named' set up to only accept connections from
localhost.  I just had to change two lines and now everything works fine.

Linux is cool, once its working.

--
DLL
http://www.cse.msu.edu/~lamber45/