[GLLUG] ttyS0 trouble

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:16:32 -0500 (EST)

I guess we start with the basics:
Did you make sure the serial port is turned on in BIOS ?
Do you have serial support in the kernel? (is there a module for this??)
Are you accessing the correct device? ie /dev/ttyS1
Does the special file /dev/ttyS0 exist?
Do the toughbooks share the serial port with the modem port? (dunno but it
is fairly common..) That usually means the modem is /dev/ttyS0

Im not sure what else to add to this so ill stop for now.. =)