[GLLUG] netatalk on yellowdog linux

Sean picasso at madflower.com
Tue Jul 8 13:01:44 EDT 2003

Is 'Kendon Elem.Server' the name of the original box running OS 9 by
chance or the x86 box? I am wondering if the routing tables havent flushed
on the router or if the atalkd.conf file got copied from somewhere else.

If it is showing up in the chooser then you are using ethertalk and you
need to have the atalkd stuff set up correctly as well as the afpd daemon
running.

You might try to directly talk to the server via IP by using the "Connect
to Server" dialogue box in the chooser and see if that can narrow it down
for you.

You should be able to just run afpd by itself without atalkd running to
see if you can login.

Let me know the results..