[GLLUG] File Recovery Tools

Jeffrey Benton bentonje at msu.edu
Wed Jul 9 11:56:21 EDT 2003

I worked recently on a very similar case that was in full swing to go to
trial before the forensic evidence proved too damning and the former
employee settled.  We worked with Speckin Laboratories in Okemos.  They did
a great job with collection of the data and presentation in format that
could easily be used in trial.  Pricing was somewhere around $200-250 per
hour as I recall.  In the end, we were provided with a full listing of all
files on the system that were recovered as well as analysis of the data.
They are the only company with whom I've worked in this capacity, but I
would definitely recommend them based on my experience.

Jeff