[GLLUG] Wireless PCI Nics -- recommendations anyone?

Melson, Paul PMelson at sequoianet.com
Thu Jul 17 10:42:09 EDT 2003

For 802.11b, I like the Orinoco (aka Lucent) cards.  They're stable, well-supported, and they work with all of the 'nifty' wireless software (kismet, AirSnort, etc.).  The PCI card is just a PCI adapter with an Orinoco PCMCIA card.  The only downside to the Orinoco is the price tag ($75-$100).

I have not tried them, but the D-Link PCI cards work with the Prism2 driver, which is supported under RH7.1 and later.  Much more reasonably priced, IMHO.

PaulM