[GLLUG] system halt on file transer

Dylan Misenheimer misenhe1 at msu.edu
Fri Jul 25 18:33:49 EDT 2003

so far, both in samba, and ftp, i am able to list and cd to my heart's
content. but as soon as i try to grab a file, the system locks up (hardcore,
windows-style)  need to actually cut the power to restart it.  all started
happening after i got samba up and running (sort of)  was able to pull files
the day i got it set up, today i rebooted and this problem presented itself.
dont' have any problems w/ssh, swat, or VNC.  any ideas?

specs:
slackware 8.1, kernel 2.4.21.  haven't touched hdparm, ftp settings, my samba
settings are a little sloppy (configured by brute force and blind setting
changes ;) and i believe i'm running samba 2.2.4

thanks
dylan

--
It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people
 who have a genuine medical need for coffee

                         -Dave Barry