[GLLUG] "upgrade" Redhat 8.0 with K12LTSP 3.0.1

Timothy Schmidt tim@schmidt.is-a-geek.com
19 Mar 2003 12:20:00 -0500

I haven't tried this specific scenario, but from what I understand this
should be possible.  Of course when upgrading a distribution there is
always some risk of losing information anyway.

K12LTSP is also configured quite differently from a stock RedHat 8.0
install, so I'm not sure how that carries over.  If the 'upgrade'
attempts to keep some of your present configuration (i.e. some
networking details, or whatever) you may run into more problems than
just backing up your data and installing from scratch.

--tim