[GLLUG] Enterprise Print Queue?

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@mac.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 11:12:47 -0400

Where I work right now, we use Fiery print servers which cost a
boatload to buy licenses for.  Does anyone know of a good *nix way to
eliminate the need for these expensive pieces of crap?

Right now, we have page counts ranging from 5k-45k/month on full color
Xerox Docucolor 12 Copier/Printers.  Right now, my Mac users plug
directly  into the fierys using Appletalk, and the PC users plug into
the printers via a NT/Win2k active directory print server.

Has anyone worked with printing to this capacity (full postscript on
A2/A3/A4 letter sizes, etc...).  I'm open to any suggestions.

-Mike